20120123

Traditional Chinese Red

Over the weekend I managed to sort through more of my recent travel photos.
 The set above were taken in Singapore Chinatown.
I think they're the perfect images for today, as billions of Chinese people
around the world are celebrating the Chinese Lunar New Year all this week!

Traditionally, many people will be wearing red clothing during the festive celebrations.
Red is a very important color in Chinese culture; symbolizing prosperity, 
good fortune and luck! Perhaps I should wear something red too, cos' I'll be facing the 
angry boss yet again this week! errr...I may need all the lucks! {refer to my previous post]

To those who are welcoming the year of the dragon 2012,
Happy Chinese Lunar New Year!
~XOXO*

-Photos ©LENORENEVERMORE  &  Model Du Juan by Chen Man for Vogue China

17 comments:

Jan said...

Go for it Lenore.
Happy Monday(hopefully)!

Laura Trevey said...

LOVE the Chinese REDS ~ so Bold, right??

xoxo

Kwana said...

Good luck facing the boss. I'll be pulling out the red too thanks to this post.

Unknown said...

fabulous photos!
I love red, it's my favorite color but I save it for special ocassions... good luck with the boss~

MrJeffery said...

happy year of the dragon! love the red.

www.janetteria.com said...

Happy Year of the Dragon! :)

Love the last two picks!

X♥X♥

Shady Del Knight said...

Forgive me for correcting you, Lenore Nevermore, but 2012 is actually the Year of the Dell Rat! :) I changed my comments setting to pop-up and one of my followers who had been having problems leaving comments was able to do so. Thanks for the helpful advice, dear friend! :)

Mistress Maddie said...

I sure do hope your week goes well dear! I be thinking of you and wear some red and accept the gold coins I'm handing you for add luck this week! And a beautiful post for the occasion! And if your boss's face is still red ,well, at least he will be wearing the color!

Tiffany Kadani said...

Don't you worry- they love you to pieces.
Loving the red!

Phoebe Limanta said...

Happy Chinese New Year hun :) x

McVal said...

Beautiful! I love RED!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Gorgeous pictures....good luck this week I hope he/she leaves the anger home!!

Unknown said...

Happy Chinese New Year to you too! xx

Sam said...

A glorious post! Happy Year of the Dragon sweetie! I hope your boss doesn't feel the need to impersonate a dragon when he next sees you - good luck with your next meeting and fingers crossed all is well! XO's

Sécia Mischke said...

Rock that red, girl!

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Tracey said...

Gorgeous Chinatown photos Lenore ... I so love the colour red! :)

Cindy said...

love all the red and happy year of the dragon!