20120130

Cozy DIY

Here are my collection of cozy socks...
I do lurrrve to slip a pair on during cold winter nights at home.
Excuse me...has this ever happened to you?
When I do my laundry, the other pair of socks sometimes would go missing,
~poofed* disappeared, just vanished! 
I suspect my laundry machine has swallowed them!
(could it be that my dogs ate them?!? errr...the mystery lives on!)
There're certainly lonely-single socks just sitting in my laundry room, 
their mates have gone forever...

Well Helo there...this is quite a witty DIY project.
Sweet Paul has recycled his old knit sweater; 
snip the sleeve + a simple glass vessel + fresh flowers & ~Voilà!
oooh...very cozy winter vase! I can do this with my socks now!

~XOXO*

-Photo ©LENORENEVERMORE & A Grablewiski for SweetPaul

18 comments:

Gigi Thibodeau said...

At last! A solution for all my mate-less socks! So cozy and cute. xo Gigi

Mistress Maddie said...

What a great idea!!!!!!!! I have so many mates gone missing, they are probably with yours somewhere,lol! No, I could make a full size blanket with the singles left behind!

Phoenix said...

Adorable!!

You know, just in case you have a favorite pair of socks... my friend safety pins her pairs of socks together in the laundry and hasn't lost a single sock in 6 years.

Just sayin'. ;)

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Maddie,
wow~blanket?
...as long as they're clean socks, oh why not!
;)

Phoenix,
That's a good tip, Thanks!

Karena said...

Perfect...oh where do they go!?

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

trishie said...

Oh the missing sock! Happens to me all the time too. Lovely diy.

Sabrina Tassini said...

this is lovely!

new on
Patchwork à Porter

Jan said...

Doesn't happen if you use one of those little zip-up laundry bags LNM.

That makes me sound very organized - which I'm not - really I'm not!!!

xxx

www.janetteria.com said...

Ah, great idea!

Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

I lose my socks all the time!! I'll never understand it.

Oh, and that cozy winter vase is brilliant!

McVal said...

Cute idea!!! But the unfortunate thing is that for each single sock I've got, it's too yucky, faded or stained to look that nice. I might have to dip into the new partnered sock bin...
Our dogs tend to munch on any socks they find in the laundry or otherwise and rip holes out of the toes, etc.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Brilliant idea!!

Punctuation Mark said...

that's very cool... great way to recycle!

Adorebynat said...

Oh I love this DIY idea. Cozy, indeed!!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

McVal,
i think it's time to toss your old socks dear~LOL!

Thank you everyone!

Cindy said...

this is such a great idea! i haven't lost a sock, yet, but seem to wear one out before the other!

Susan said...

What a curiously clever idea... d'you think I could use an old sock too? x

Susan said...

oooh I see they ARE socks. Curious how one always goes missing in the wash..