20080825

COUNTING NUMBERsss...





Tara Donovan is one my favorite New York artists. She prefers to work in numbers(lots & lots!)...in this art installation, she worked with hundreds upon hundreds of regular pencils (less is definitely NOT more! ). Humble material had been transformed into something wowspectacular!
Her works remind me alittle of the Beijing Olympic ceremony performers. Anybody watch it on tv last night? Remember Beijing ' One World, One Dream ' slogan?...what 'one' were they talking about??? Let me do the numbers & break down here; 14000 performers, 2008 fou drums (can someone do the numbers on the shoes & socks of performers plus spectators...quick get the calculator out!!! ). Ahhh...!!! (sorry,can't you tell? I can't handle numbers very well).
Anyhow, I think last night closing show had done little to diminish my sense of awe(at the amount & numbersss)... I mean it's anticipated & expected, especially from the nation that brought out the 8000 buried Xian's terracotta soldiers! Hello...the Great Wall can be seen from outer space...and how many stone bricks??? Enough, no more of numbersss!!! (I am getting a headache now...) Thank God that I am not an accountant...heehee!


3 comments:

garygoh said...

OMG!!!! Sayang! I am moved to tears!!!! it;s finally done!!!!looking good Miss Lenorenevermore!!!!!
Fun Rite???

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

That's rite!fun-fun-fun!!
thank u thank u...

Anonymous said...

How do people do this, amazing work, need lots and lots of patience I bet! Numbersss haha!